Chartered in 1983, the NVIAAI was originally formed to provide training to fire investigators located in the state of Nevada. Our members come from both the private and public sector throughout the state.
Over the years our purpose and objectives have expanded to include:
- To unite for mutual benefit those public officials and private persons engaged in the control of arson and kindred crimes.
- To provide for exchange of technical information and developments.
- To cooperate with other public service agencies and associations to further fire investigation and the suppression of the crime of Arson.
- To encourage high professional standards of conduct among members, and to continually strive to eliminate all factors which interfere with the administration of justice.
- To foster greater professional competence in the investigative techniques and recognition of
the crime of Arson.
Wildland Fire Program
Laura Brown IAAI-CFI
Senior Fire Investigator
Las Vegas Fire & Rescue
Second Vice President
Assistant Fire Marshal
Sparks Fire Department
David Bates IAAI-CFI
Fire Inspector II
North Lake Tahoe Fire District
Board of Directors
Region I Director
Dave Ruben IAAI-CFI
Carson City Fire Department
Region II Director
John Holmes IAAI-CFI
Elko Fire Department
Region III Director
Jeff Nardiello IAAI-CFI
Special Agent, BATFE
At-Large Director Immediate Past President
Dan Heenan IAAI-CFI Mike Doughty IAAI-CFI
Assistant Fire Chief Clark County Fire Department
Current By-laws NV-IAAI-CONSTITUTION-BY-LAWS-2008