Chartered in 1983, the NVIAAI was originally formed to provide training to fire investigators located in the state of Nevada. Our members come from both the private and public sector throughout the state.
Over the years our purpose and objectives have expanded to include:
- To unite for mutual benefit those public officials and private persons engaged in the control of arson and kindred crimes.
- To provide for exchange of technical information and developments.
- To cooperate with other public service agencies and associations to further fire investigation and the suppression of the crime of Arson.
- To encourage high professional standards of conduct among members, and to continually strive to eliminate all factors which interfere with the administration of justice.
- To foster greater professional competence in the investigative techniques and recognition of
the crime of Arson.
Dave Ruben, IAAI-CFI
Carson City Fire Department
Mike Doughty, IAAI-CFI
Fire Investigator II
Clark County Fire Department
Second Vice President
Assistant Fire Marshal
North Lake Tahoe Fire District
Duane Lemons, IAAI-CFI
Duane T. Lemons Consulting
Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District
Board of Directors
Region I Director
East Fork Fire District
Region II Director
Region III Director
Senior Fire Investigator
Las Vegas Fire & Rescue
At-Large Director Ex-Officio Member
Jennifer Donohue Daniel Heenan ATF-CFI
Fire Inspector II ATF Special Agent, BATFE
North Lake Tahoe Fire District IAAI Past President
Current By-laws NV-IAAI-CONSTITUTION-BY-LAWS-2008